Saturday, December 24, 2011

"It's Christmas Eve!  What memories do you have of Christmas Eve as a child?
The memory that comes to my mind first is of sitting next to our Christmas Tree
in my little rocker that my Grandfather had made when I was a toddler,
singing and singing and singing ....
still singing, Christmas Carols from a caroling book we had.


Our home was filled with quiet excitement.
With 6 children we were not about to upset Santa's route by mis-behaving!
"ho ho ho"



The memories that we create are so very important for us later on.
I wish you a wonderful Christmas!


2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Mary,

So lovely to see a post from you and
how sweet that you remember singing Carols and what happy memories.
Memories of my early Christmas one year, I got from Santa a little pink wind up dog that played Jingle Bells.
We went on a long road trip to my Grandparents and I kept playing it the whole trip.

Warmest wishes to you and your family for a merry Christmas, happy holidays and a wonderful year ahead.

Hugs
Carolyn

Merci-Notes said...

Your musical pup sounds wonderful! Ooo, and pink to top it off!

Merry Christmas Carolyn!

xo, mary